What should I do about the plumbing in my house making groaning and thumping noises?
The most likely cause for this is that your pipes lost its "air cushion", so you should not need any pipe repair. In order to get it back, simply turn your main valve off. Open all the faucets around your home, and then turn on the main valve again and shut off each faucet. This should take care of the plumbing problem.
My garbage disposal doesn't work and just makes a buzzing sound what can I do?
First turn it off and unplug it. Most likely it's jammed with something. Most disposals have a fitting for an alan wrench underneath to manually jar it loose. Feel for it and use the wrench.
Other General Plumbing Articles
- Plumbing Noise Tips
- Preventative Plumbing
- A Plumber Is Always Prepared
- Always get a Written Statement
- Choosing the Right Plumbing Service
- Choosing the Right Water Softener
- Pay in Full When It's Finished in Full
- Repair or Replace
- Select an Experienced Pro
- Should I Choose a Licensed Plumber
- General Plumbing Questions